Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 1 (really?)

My, my, time sure does fly!

The past ten weeks have been Mondays and Wednesdays 8am Concept Development with Jimmy Moss.  

This class is probably the most interesting class I have taken in my college career.  Looking back, I realize that all of our homework assignments were geared towards learning how to think differently, especially with design concepts.  

I found the TED talks to be helpful and insightful because it gave me some perseverance.  

Mind mapping was something I had never learned and I found it extremely helpful to get my thoughts and ideas out in a more effective way.  

The textbook provided a lot of information, but I wasn't too into it.  

What I will take most from the class is that it is what you make of it, which ties to everything, not just design.  Jimmy gave us some very insightful words of wisdom in the design world, and in life in general.
My mind has been opened up, and I have a new set of eyes design.  My approach on projects is more defined and organized, which is what I wanted most out of the class.  

I didn't like that the class was so early because that meant me waking up at 5am and being stuck in traffic for one hour.  My mind isn't even awake at that hour.  But every time I attended class I always left with some food for thought.  

I loved the dream homework and Game Day (who didn't?)  I wish all my classes had that on the syllabus!

Summer is almost here, I can already taste it! 
I wish all my classmates a fun, kick a$$ summer, good luck in all you do, and I'm sure I will see you all in the Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment