April 6 marks the last class day of the second week of Spring Quarter at Cal State Los Angeles. Waking up early enough for class depends on how much sleep I get. I'm working on it, though, and so far I have not been late to class, which is a big improvement compared to my 8a.m class last quarter.
Mind Maps. Professor Moss introduced us to Mind Maps. Mind maps are diagrams that allow the mind to explore and excrete all ideas and possibilities we can think of. He showed us examples of mind maps and I was particularly drawn to the one with the animated, violent looking carrot because it reminded me of a carrot I had drawn who was about to get chopped up, he had an "OH NO!" expression on his face. The thought of it still makes me laugh.
We were given 30 minutes to make our own mind maps, I chose to start with the idea of "What if sleep wasn't necessary?" mainly becasue I sometimes wish sleep really wasn't necessary. It's amazing how the mind travels from one thought to another very quickly. I feel like my sleepy mind chose a boring topic, so I think I'll change it up for our homework, which is a full out Mind Map on 14" x 17" board.
Scott McCloud. Scott McCloud gave a talk on Comics at a T.E.D. Conference. It was my first time learning about T.E.D. which stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and is a "nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading". Scott's talk was very fast pace, and as early in the day as it was, I tried my best to keep up. In my next blog I will write more on my thoughts on this.

I wish sleep wasn't necessary too. I'm a nocturnal kind of person so I get a lot of my ideas at night.
ReplyDeleteYeah, so am I! I love the late hours of 2-5am where the house is asleep, it's calm and quiet enough for your mind to be free of distractions
ReplyDeleteI love the T.E.D site a professor introduced the site to me last semester.
ReplyDeleteI must say for a person who says she doesn't enjoy blogging I enjoyed your blog :) keep it coming.