Games, games, games! Today was a lot of fun. I haven't played board games in years! I enjoyed every minute of it, because I was taken back to my childhood. I realized that I need to make more time for play. All work and no play make Cheryl a dull girl.
Our homework was to bring a game to class. The games that were brought to class were Sponge Bob Monopoly, Scrabble, Taboo, Mad Gab, Perfection, Connect 4, Uno, Trivial Pursuit, Boggle, and a game that involved communicating through drawing. I had never heard of Mad Gab but it seemed like fun becasue the student who got to play it were laughing a lot. Come to think of it, everyone was laughing a lot.
What made the game fun? Scrabble is easy to understand but challenges the mind because not only do have to think about words but you have work with what you have and all the while trying to earn the most points by arranging your tiles carefully on the board. I personally like Scrabble because I love words and learning new words, and maybe becasue I'm not too bad at it.
What was the theme? I learned that Monopoly is about greed and capitalism and can turn friends against one another. HAHA! Just kidding, sort of. Sponge Bob Monopoly was interesting because of the whole involvement of money, buying property, owing rent, going to jail and such. We laughed a lot. The property names made it all the more interesting becasue we were saying wait, who owns Bikini Water? Also, the game pieces were the characters of the cartoon, I was Squidworm and Jessica was SpongeBob, but Sandy who's game piece was actually Sandy Squirrel owned both of our homes, haha!
Monopoly and Scrabble both require strategy, some sort of strategic plan to win, the most points, or everyone's money, Monopoly money, that is. For any game to be interesting there needs to be a challenge mixed with fun.
Homework is fun, HOMEWORK is fun, homework is FUN! I think it was vital that Professor Jimmy mention this to class, to me especially, because I forget this. I forget that the assignments are more about the learning process than to just earn credit. What is my creative process, again? It is always about the experience and what can you take from it. I realize I am most happy when I feel the most creative. Which leads me to question my purpose in life. Was I born to create? I think I am but, of course I always find the urge and need to become better at whatever I am set out to do in this life. I'm almost a mid-twenty year old and I already feel like I need to get the ball rolling.

I'm trying to change my mindset to make my homework fun as well, but I don't think it's working... :(
ReplyDelete